If an athlete has their own heart rate monitor, you will want to save this as a personal monitor under their profile. If they are borrowing a monitor, you need to assign them a loaner which is a different section of the help site. Saving a monitor as a loaner and personal is not recommended and can cause issues with assigning monitors.
- Confirm Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad/iPhone by swiping from the bottom. The Bluetooth symbol should be highlighted blue.
- Do not connect the heart rate monitor through the main settings of the iPad/iPhone. It must only be connected through the OnBeat app.
- If the user is new to OnBeat add them through the plus icon and fill in their profile information. If they already exist in the system, add them to the screen and select "Edit Profile".
- Find the Heart Rate Monitor section and choose "Personal".
- Confirm the Connection type is set to Bluetooth on the monitor proximity screen.
- Turn on the heart rate monitor by having the user wear the monitor.
- All unassigned Bluetooth monitors will appear as grey on the proximity screen.
- Place the monitor you want to connect on the iPad/iPhone until it moves to the "very near" section and select it.
- The selected monitor will turn orange. Select "Done".
- Select "Done" again to save the change to the athlete's profile.